On completion the Vincent will provide 65 retirement apartments with assisted living, and communal facilities. The one, two and three bedroom apartments are distributed between the refurbished Queen Victoria House and two new build faceted blocks.
The existing Queen Victoria House is a four storey detached property built by William Larkins Bernard in 1886 for Waynflete Private School for Boys. It has been used as a convalescent home, a maternity hospital and was more recently offices. It is set in grounds that include a car park and lawns with a Grade II Listed obelisk. The building itself is not Listed, but the site is located within the Whiteladies Conservation Area.
The lower ground floors of Queen Victoria House will house; management and reception areas, staff accommodation and dining areas. A wellbeing area, which will include, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room, yoga studio and change facilities as well as guest accommodation will be housed within a podium below the new residential buildings, which opens out on to the large landscaped gardens.
The new terraces utilise a faceted plan, designed to maximise views, while minimising the sense of being overlooked. Wrapping the apartments around circulation cores has allowed for double and triple aspect apartments, increasing the sense of space and creating separated living and sleeping zones.