This collection of projects centres around a historic cinema building in the lively Midtown neighbourhood of Oklahoma City. Built by the Sieber family and opened in 1941, the Uptown Theater was the first of its kind in the city to feature air conditioning. Its heyday was short-lived though, and subsequent addition and alteration of the original facility in the 1950s saw it converted to doctors’ offices. Building on this history of repurposing, the three adjacent buildings are now to be revived to house three diverse functions: an indoor market in the theatre, lawyer’s office in the medical building, and taproom and brewery in the extended mercantile space. New additions are designed in a consistent architectural language that draws together the otherwise disparate materials and styles of the existing fabric, while the blade sign and marquee of the theatre is to be reinstated as a beacon for the development.